Shiraz, Iran. Aslan Jonoubi was born in 1975 in Shiraz, Iran. Aslan holds a Master of Architecture from Shiraz (2001), a Master of Urban Design, from the University of Toronto, Canada (2004), and has been a Professor of Architecture and Urban Design in various Iranian universities since 2005.
Aslan’s vision of his professional life includes the design and implementation of over 350 projects of architecture, landscape and urban design, as well as writing policy for green roofs for the capital city of Shiraz, Iran. He has supervised more than 150 green roof projects in Iran, and presented many papers at world conferences around the world about vertical greenery and tall green buildings. Aslan’s accomplishments include:
- Board Member of World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN)
- President of IGIN, (Iranian Green Infrastructure Network)
- Writer of Green Roof policies and regulations in Shiraz, a metropolitan city in Iran
- Supervised and inspected more than 174 green roof projects in Iran
- Certified architect from CACB, Canadian Architecture Certification Board
- Professor at Shiraz Islamic Azad University, Department of Art & Architecture
- Member of Board of Directors in Construction Engineer Society in Shiraz, Iran
- Founder Architect and Chief Director of Khato & Safhe Consulting Engineers, INC., the leading architecture and urban design firm in southern Iran
- Design & monitor of more than 380 architecture/ urban design projects in Iran
- Holder of many awards, including Acknowledgment award as the head of urban design studies certified by the Mayor of Shiraz 2009
- Best Architect Award in construction engineering technologies certified by the Head of Construction Engineers Society in the Province of Fars in 2012.